Soft costs vary per project. Depending on the location of your building site, you will need to price these items up before you begin the building process.
Soft costs include:
- Site Survey
- Route Survey
- Building Permits
- Soil Tests
- Municipality Variances
The majority of the time the property has already been purchased.
In order to receive a quote, whether you choose standard products and materials or you are requesting upgrades, you will need to work with your SMI-approved builder. The modular costs start at around $55 per square foot.
Modular costs include:
- Flooring – Hardwood, Vinyl, Laminate, Carpet, Tile, Stone
- Roof- Shingles, Metal
- Interior and Exterior Walls – Drywall, Primed
- Plumbing and Wiring, Manifold and Panel Box
- Product Installation – Cabinetry, Showers, Tubs, Vanities, Lighting, Interior, Exterior, Patio Doors, Windows, Shelving
Typically 30 to 70 percent of the modular costs
Site costs include:
- Prep, excavation, foundation
- Shipping the modules to the site from the factory
- Installation of the home
- All on-site finish work, including connecting the modules at the seams
- Utility connections
- Additional site-built components such as decks, exterior stairs, and paint
Site work costs vary based on a variety of factors, including the condition of your land, topography and soil, total number of modules, and complexity of the project.